A typical view of the Golden Gate Bridge
Okay, okay...there were a few days in my time there that were breath taking. And it is totally a city you should spend some time in. I miss it often.
SF wearing some sunshine
My year there taught me I LOVE seasons. More than that though, I need seasons. They are the subtle markers of time that put things into order. Going through the seasons makes the year feel complete.
Seasonal changes are awesome because:
--the new excitements it provides the senses
--smells --visual (flowers blooming, leaves changing, leaves dropping)
--touch (temperatures, winds, rain)
--taste (is there anything better than in-season vegetables and fruit?)
--sounds (birdies, rain, wind, people outside)
--the memories it prompts
--the official changing of the wardrobe when you are reacquainted with old favorites and filled with the possibilities of adding new styles for that season into the mix! --getting excited about the holidays in each season
--getting excited about seasonal activities (swimming, sitting around fire pits, outdoor farmers markets)
After this week of a seasonal change fake out, I can't wait for the real thing!!!
A picture from a new favorite fall activity--Pumkin Carving (and subsequently pumpkin seed baking and eating!)
*http://www.cityrating.com/citytemperature.asp?City=San+Francisco
2 comments:
Nice pumpkin!
I recognize that deck and that koozie. And I love the seasons, too. :)
Post a Comment