Usually when I say, "I don't like scary movies," someone says, "Me either, though I can do suspenseful ones like Scary Movie." Scary Movie? How does that not categorize under....scary movies?
I'm just not all that excited by watching people kill each other. Or monsters killing people. While I have seen a few movies that I've liked that still had this element; they are few and far between. Slasher movies or movies whose whole gimmick is gruesome killing, like the Saw series, are nothing more than fodder for my nightmares and I prefer not to watch them-or their previews.
I'm also not keen on watching movies that are sad or dark. If I'm going to set aside time out of my day to escape into a movie I want it to make me feel good. I think I get enough negative and depressing news about how humans are treating each other by watching the news.
Sometimes I worry this is too escapist of me. I just find it difficult to chose sad/scary/violent movies when Bringin' Down the House is going to make me smile and laugh.
Thoughts? Do you like sad/scary/violent movies? If so, why?
1 comment:
I DO like scary movies. And dramatic movies and suspenseful movies. (more the latter though). I suppose l like the intensity that a suspenseful movie can convey. But I'll admit, rom-coms can be good for escapism sometime.
Per Matt and Moeko's comments tonight, rent Taken. :)
Post a Comment