Thursday, June 23, 2005

This is where I've been

I'm trying to figure out a way for you to know what it is I'm feeling. I've already erased an entire blog...its enthusiasm was leaning a little towards the Tom Cruise end and I don't want to creep you out.

Its just that I'm so charged about what I'm capable of, or what I feel I'm capable of. Or rather, I guess I should say I'm charged about resources. Even with my not working at the Springer this summer, I still have access to incredible theater people.

I visited Academy this Tuesday to teach fan language to a group and hang out with them until lunch. I learned the basics of Tadashi Suzuki's technique, how crazy? I go to one class and I now have a whole new basis for ideas of connecting physcial movement to emotional creation! This blows my mind. In another class I learned how to take the way in which a baby developes naturally and incorporate it as a teaching warmup technique. This happened in a few short hours.

I was unable to take a much needed and wanted trip to Charleston this past week, though I understand what came of that was probably better for me in the long run and Charleston is still there and ready to be visited. What I did instead was hitch a ride to Athens and stayed with Lisa. Lisa was my teacher and director my last year as a student at Academy and then I was lucky enough to teach at her side last summer. Basically, Lisa is my hero/mentor/friend/etc.

We talked one of the afternoons for 6 straight hours and didn't realize how much time had passed. We talked about everything, boys, theater, the real world, anxiety, therapy, dogs, married life, single life, life life. I wrote so much that weekend. I now have book lists and a things-I-need-to-research lists that are so long and exploding with things to teach me.

Possiblities...it just makes me excited! And now, I might have the opportunity to be a Classical Scene Study Intern for Jens (pronounced yens). Jens was a movement teacher I had a long time ago, and like Lisa he has had amazing experiances, a source of knowledge waiting to be tappped. And for two weeks I could sit right in his class and see him teach. How awsome? I can pick the minds of all the teachers at the Springer, people who are knowledged in so many different aspects of theater, FOR FREE!! They are totally willing to share what they've learned with me; people who are doing what I want to do are so readily availible at my finger tips and I'm truely a blessed person for it.

What am I going to do when I graduate? I'm going to do theater. I'm not aiming for stardom. Let me collaborate with people like Lisa and Jens and I'll be a better person for it, and I can't think of a nicer way of spending my life.

No comments: