What's on my mind right now is lack of communication. I don't always say when I'm upset. In fact, I hardly ever say when I'm upset until its built up in me and I let it out on whoever I'm upset with and it always ends messy. So lately, like this past year, I've just kept my mouth shut and pretended everything is alright.
I've got to find a new way of dealing with this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a happy note, I've been cast in next semester's play, Wolfie. Its about Mozart. There is a class that is writing it right now, so that's exciting. The cool part is that it is going to be part of Spoletto. I'm going to be part of Spoletto--that's freaking awesome! Here's the other thing-my character's purpose is to teach Mozart about sex. That's right kids; I will be, as the director said "necking and petting" on stage--scandalous! I think the theater department has made it their personal mission to make me a more overtly sexual being. Between Cabaret and this I'm going to be a little hussy by the end of the semester!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bartended at an Alumni Christmas Party in Columbia yesterday. It was at some alum's house named Mary. She was the most amazing woman. She owns an antique store and her house looks like one. Everywhere you turned there was something new to look at. She's tall, probably in her 60s and exudes old Hollywood glamour. Its said she has a hair wrap for every outfit, even for going to the gym. She knew little details about all her guests, and if she didn't know the guest she would engage them in conversation as if they were best friends. She floated from room to room and perched gracefully on chairs. She could easily make you think you were in the presence of royalty and then tell a joke or make a funny face to put you at ease. She reminded me of the cool combination of grace and comedic ability of Lucile Ball. I felt I was at one of Gatsby's parties, and I was privileged she would spend any amount of time talking with me.
What a character. If I ever gain the gift of playwriting she will certainly be written about.
No comments:
Post a Comment