Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Apartment!

I love our currant apartment, unfortunately it isn't returning the love as much. A few weeks ago our bathroom ceiling began falling in and the leak that runs down the wall next to the fireplace is getting worse. Our landlord has told us before that the bathroom needs a complete renovation (did I mention our water ran red for one day there?) and he was just waiting for us to move out to embark on the large project.

After much discussion, Ben and I decided that now was the time to find a new apartment. The search began on Monday and ended tonight!

The place we found is in Virginia Highlands--can't beat the location. Its bigger than our current place, which means I'll finally have a place to set up a sewing table! It is a converted basement with 2 bedrooms (we have a formal place for guests to sleep!), a large living room dining room area, kitchen, bathroom, and Ben's favorite, a mudroom, future home to all of our bikes.

It needs some home touches like color on the walls; I kinda want to build a fake fireplace facade for the living room. Also, one of the bedrooms is a creative space with a loft type area that's at about just above my waist. This is what I want to do with it:

(picture from Tony Cenicola/NYTimes via A Cup of Jo )
I think it is going to be really fun making this new apartment our own. It will be the first place Ben and I have picked out together =) I can't wait to hang some garland on the the stair rail in the living room! Its going to look so cute for Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Kb_Mal said...

How exciting. Can't wait to see it!