Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Being Back

I'm having a hard time being back. I'm not so sure how to make Charleston fit me again. The infinite possibilities for this summer are starting to get at me, and finding housing for this summer and next year seems almost impossible.

I've put myself on an exercise regimen that I've been sticking to thus far. How often have I said that I would work out daily and then fall behind? But its officially written into my schedule so I hope that helps.

My classes are great. Many are going to be a challenge and I've been waiting so long to be challenged.

"I'm going to be an actor so none of you can be too," this is what 8 year old Alex said on his first day of academy when we went around introducing ourselves. It made me laugh at the time, but a little part of me is empathic to Alex. He just wants more opportunities to do what he loves...and who doesn't want that? Its often hard to remember that the same people who I are my competitors for roles are also my greatest collaborators and teachers. Professors aren't the only people on campus with something to teach and its my job to stay open-minded enough to find them and use them.

No comments: