Wednesday, December 10, 2003

The humor of being an adult

I remember being in lower school and listening to the banter amoung the adults (by which i mean anyone in 7th grade and up). Their jokes were so funny...at least I knew they were funny, even if they didn't make sense to me. I wanted so badly to be able to say witty things and as the years of my life have progressed I have managed to say a few clever things-granite they are few and far between...but ya know I'm still young. Well, tonight I decided to take a walk and the walk led me to Starbucks. Once in side I saw a tall, long-curly-headed guy who was really chatting up the costumers. There were two girls in front of me in line. The first girl steped up and he asked her name to put on the cup. She said Brandie and he asked with an "I" "E" or with a "y" and he wrote it down, teased her a little about something and the next girl stepped up. He asked her name, she said Jennie, again he asked how to spell it and teased for a little bit. then it came my turn. He asked my name and I replied "Becca, that's with an I E not a Y" and he started to write that on the cup but then he stopped and just laughed saying noone else gets his jokes. Its probably not very funny to y'all, but I was proud of myself...maybe some day I'll be making real witty phrazes and be all grown up!

No comments: