Okay, so I'm not good at all in this whole blog thing....sorry! For this entry i'm going to give a list of 30 things that make me happy (I did this for a project once). Its also a list that can be found in my Senior Portfolio...which I'm kinda proud of. Its a bit of a read, but if anyone's up for the task, parts are pretty funny, others a little serious, but its all me and you're welcome to borrow it if you'd like. So here goes.
I feel happy when...
1) I'm a church, the theater, or any place with alot of people being fairly silent and I hear my dad's cough.
2) I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold room in a warm bed and realize I have 3 more hours left to sleep.
3) I feel the pull and soreness of my muscles the day after a good workout.
4) I smell the scent of my dad after he has played golf. Its the smell of a golfcourse and its not sweaty.
5) its hot outside and I open the freezer to find one ice cream bar sitting in the box and its all mine
6) I see dolphins in the ocean while I drink coffee on the porch of my grandparent's condo and hear the ocean waves.
7) I go school supply shopping with my dad the night of the first day of school
8) my oldest brother practices piano while I'm doing homework
9) Michael asks me to do my hip-hop dance for other people
10) in winter I get to put on my jeans the second they come out of the dryer.
11) my friends interrupt what they are doing to kiss the roof of the car when we go through a yellow light because it is one of my quirks.
12) I get home from school and put on my pajama pants and a t-shirt and sit in the warm Lay-Z Boy in the den and tuck my legs up in the chair.
13) I wake up on Saturday (after a nice long sleep) to the sunlight spilling into my room as the birds chirp outside.
14) I crumble cornbread and biscuits because its cold, squishy, and smells like Thanksgiving.
15) I sleep on clean sheets for the first night after I have deep cleaned my room and I have walked to my bed with the lights off and without tripping.
16) I ride in the back seat of a car at night in silence and its raining.
17) I hear Pachabel's Cannon because it is connected to a million memories.
18) I smell paint, saw dust, and stored clothes-the smell of the Springer
19) I finish all my homework at home the night it was assigned
20) I see the color blue...it just soothes me.
21) I complete a crossword by myself without cheating.
22) I dance by myself in an empty room.
23) I drink hot tea with ice cubes in it so its hot and cold at the same time.
24) I have shampoo rinsed out of my hair by a hairdresser.
25) I take off my shoes and socks and walk barefoot.
26) I make a joke and people actually laugh.
27) I put my thumb between my head and the back of my earlobe.
28) I take the first 2 steps after ice skating/stilting/rollerblading.
29) I get my tongue underneath my fingernail (which means I've managed not to bit my nails in a while)
30) I feel the texture of a peeled grape on my tongue
No comments:
Post a Comment