Tuesday, December 23, 2003

In the art of conversation...I lost my brush

I’ve been getting very frustrated in conversation, or lack of. As I read y’all’s blogs or observe the people around me, I realize how many interesting people I’m surrounded by. So often I find myself wanting to say, “me too” to the thoughts of people I hear or read about, but when it comes to having a conversation with some it seems almost impossible to get anything said. I find it confusing and frustrating. I mean, there are others in my life I could talk to until we were both blue in the face and then some. So why so hard with others? I wish it were as simple as saying to some people, I think we’d be pretty good friends and have a lot in common, so what do you say? And then a bam! sounds, colored smoke goes up, and all awkwardness disappears and you were friends. Maybe I’m thinking about this too much and I should just except who becomes my friends as they become so through natural events….but to anyone reading this--me too.

No comments: