The cool thing about being friends with someone is being able to share in their experiences. When they do something they haven't done before, even if you weren't present, you feel somehow like you've had a part in making it happen just through the support you give them everyday. By giving little bits of advice, small compliments, or words of encouragement, we invest in our friends; when they come through-we feel gratified, rewarded, and think "wise investment."
Someone did something incredible this past week, and although I was invested in them at a point in time, my check bounced...or something like that. While I'm sad I didn't get to share in their experiance, I'm rewarded none-the-less. I couldn't be more proud or excited for them, if I had been there every step of the way.
Hurray for people doing amazing things; friend or not, it still makes my heart smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment