Monday, May 03, 2004

Two very different thoughts

I think it'd be amusing for a day to have everyone narrate what you had to do for the day. Everyone could take turns describing your actions...you'd provide the dialogue I suppose. But they could direct it, tone of voice, where your attention is going or even make comments about your inner dialogue...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like some advise. I guess y'all can email or consult in person. Here's the thing: my little brother's not so little anymore. He'll be 12 this summer and in 7th grade next year. I found a website of his friends and in this kids guest book, all of DB's little friends are cursing up a storm Fuck this Fuck that Fuck your mom... So I know DB know's this stuff and probably has for a long time. But I never really thought about it before. I don't want him to be one of those punk little kids always running their mouths with nothing to say, but I also don't want him to think he needs to be Mr. Spick and Span who never says anything bad and always has his shirt tucked in and his hair slicked back.

I know Bret thought my highschool career was a bit ridiculously good and that I could have used to get in a litte more trouble--I'm partially inclined to agree with him. I don't want squirt (so maybe I should stop using this nickname for him?) to live this really clean life all through highschool only to go to college and be confronted with stuff he's never delt with before. Nor do I want him to get so rapped up in partying that he looses his personality...

After seeing his friend's web site I started to remember how much the boys in my sixth grade class knew, how much I knew at that time. How horney those boys were, and how real my desire to relate to the opposite sex was. Don't tell a litte kid they don't know what its like to really like someone (they don't know, but as far as their concerned their in love when they have a crush).

I took pains in trying to educate David Bret musically...but I forgot about all the other stuff. I'm not saying I want to take him out and get him wasted, way too young for that, he's got at least 2 years before that will be necessary (I hope!) Now I'm remembering how much drug use was going on amongst our guys in 7th and 8th grade...Oh goodness, too much for me. And y'all wonder why I'm hesitent to have children of my own!

No comments: